On the weekend I noticed that there was lag happening on the sim Marnix and I live on. I noticed it was happening after we had three eggs hatch accidentally. So Marnix and I decided we needed to remove at least three chickens from our Second Lives.With an oversupply of roosters, I suggested we cull two of them, along with my mistakenly hatched egg, McIntyre, who sadly was a horrid baby-poo colour. The next obvious choice was McBain, simply because he was also young and the ugly colour saddle brown.
The next choice was one of our green roosters. The question was - which one? McAlister (the oldest of the two) or McLaren (cool name!). I wanted McLaren to live as I personally felt his green was more pleasing to the eye. As we couldn't make a decision here, we decided to let them fight it out. McLaren was at 4% of age and we thought old enough to fight but it turns out it took a day or so for them to have the death match. Once McLaren hit 5% the cocks fought and McAlister was the winner. As neither of us witnessed it, we were not sure if it is because McAlister was bigger or if he got angry first. Regardless, McLaren was no more :'(
I started crafting some tombstones for the poor little chickens when Marnix mentioned we still had too many roosters. We then made two more tough choices. Marnix was all for killing Duke and Sparky. I refused to kill Duke simply because he was the first rooster we had; so that meant Sparky was destined for the coop in the sky.
Marnix decided that we had a young rooster, as part of the accidental hatching, that was a very similar colour to Pinky. Yes, now McAlpine, a delightful mulberry colour, joined the others in the clouds to watch over the others.
Not being as into the chickens as Marnix is, it has nevertheless been a bit sad to lose the little guys, and McIntyre. Once I finish the tombstones, we will both have memories of them. Perhaps I should colour the gravestones the same as what they were in life?


2 comments:
Ooh yes, colour them the same as the colour they were in real-life! I like that idea :)
I have all the rgb's if you need them.
I shall need them. I need to look at recreating them. At least now I have an idea of what we want and how to do it.
Post a Comment