Friday, May 7, 2010

inspired


Who is she? Why she is me! The 2010 Fantasy Faire was held in SL a few weeks ago and it was magical! I saw many things I wanted to buy and play with but of course my budget was limited.

There was a display from one creator that had the most gorgeous bunneh avatars you could possibly imagine! I debated for a few days on buying the one that had grabbed my attention: Choc Chip Bunneh! Simply devine! The price I felt was a bit steep for something I would use occasionally and in that instant I needed to satisfy my craving for something new and fantastical! (Note to self: find store and take picture to show everybody how cute the avatar is!)

When I stumbled upon the display for Skinthesis I fell in love! So many gorgeously created items - skins, eyes, ears. I teleported to the main store and wandered into the skins area and my eye instantly fell on the Sidhe skins - beautifully rendered in a wide variety of colours. Having recently read fantasy novels about the Sidhe I knew that is what I wanted to recreate myself as! My friend Shane helped me look at the different colours available and we chose the purple. Orange was what we both preferred but to my sadness there were no ears to match exactly.

Having picked up the skin and ears, eyes were next on my agenda. I actually searched xstreet and found some bargain eyes for only 10L at a place called Calishan. I wanted eyes with a tri-ring of colour and they had exactly what I was after!

From Calishan I headed to Rotten Toe (now closed sadly) and found some amazing hair to complete the look. I wish I had bought the second hairstyle I had been umming and aahing over too! I went back to buy it about 3 days ago to find that Rotten Toe had closed its doors :(

So here I am in my full Sidhe glory! I've been working on a bit of a background to the character and so far she was Seelie Sidhe but was banished by the King of Light and found herself welcomed at the Unseelie Court. I think I'm going to have lots of fun with the Sidhe Issalia!

0 comments:

Post a Comment